Monday, July 4, 2011

'Cause Baby You're A Firework

Good Morning everyone and Happy 4th!!
I am here in Virginia typing this up and about to go out and enjoy my vacation. Celebrated my birthday yesterday, very mildly, I don't mind mild. I'm officially 25 years old! WOO HOO! I can now legally rent a car in the State of NY LOL. I know, big whoop.

Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays next to Halloween and Christmas. My mom used to dress me up and take me out to the city and tell people I was lady liberty. She did call me that, I guess because my birthday is so close to Independence Day, I've always been spoiled with these spectacular birthdays. Fireworks I simply love. If I hear fireworks, I run like a child to wherever they are to watch.

It's too bad they're illegal in NYC.

Good thing I'm not in NYC huh? hehehe *commence finger blow up!* LOL just kidding, I wouldn't dare touch a firework, I'll leave that to the pros.
Anyway, I finally did my patriotic mani, I said I WOULDN'T do but, meh, my nails begged me for it.
Now, please be lenient on judging my nail art skills. This is the very first time I freehand any kind of design on my nails using those teensy brushes. It was a B-I-T--, you guys get the rest. It's nothing fantastic but I tried and although it was a nightmare to do, I am quite proud of myself.

Be warned, I am sharing a lot of photos LOL AS USUAL!



I seriously need to point out that I HATE Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White. It's a stark white polish that is actually a nightmare to apply . This of course is only personal opinion. I don't know if it's the polish or the brush, I will vote that it's the brush.



I do not expect this manicure to last because I forgot my base coat at home and didn't feel like buying another one.. it's already trying to lift and peel in every corner. *sigh* It's okay though, I don't think I'd want patriotic designs on my nails after Independence Day anyhow LOL





This is my right hand. I am right handed. I almost had an aneurysm trying to use my left hand to paint these designs. You can visibly see errors but I don't think it came out too bad!







And that's all I have for you guys today! Haven't thought up a new mani yet but I think it will be something very summery. Maybe, we'll see.

Thank you all for reading and have a very safe and enjoyable Independence Day!





Song Currently Playing On This Post:
Katy Perry - Firework

3 comments:

Jennee said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR . . .

That is amazing.

Period.

Jennee said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR . . .

That is amazing.

Period.

MamaSparkles said...

Dude. DUDE! These are amazeballs! Love.

And Happy birthday. Xo.