Friday, July 8, 2011

Lit From Within..

You all have every right to laugh at my blog song. I crack up every single time I hear this song. It's way too funny. Plus my boyfriend knows how to do Will.I.Am's voice perfectly hahaha

As I predicted, my 4th mani lasted ONE day LOL I just missed my base coats too much. UGGGHHH The IMPORTANCE of a base coat! It makes all the difference in the world. It not only prevents your nails from staining but it also helps make the polish last longer without chipping.

I received a few questions from friends about Orly's Bonder and I admit, I bought it for my holographic polishes but I have yet to ever use it. I stayed true to my NailEnvy considering how thin my nails are, but I decided to try it out once I finally got home from vacation. Which, by the way, was not that fantastic. It rained every single day in Virginia. It drove me nuts. I am literally happy to be home.

My beautiful friend Mama Sparkles had mentioned to me (and a few of our other lovely friends) her nightmare-ish application of Sally Hansen's HD Blu. I already own the entire collection and I know all too well the sheerness of this polish! It will take maybe 5+ coats to get any kind of opacity to this polish which happens to be so beautiful in the bottle!
I don't mind layering polishes but this is a warning to those who don't like them. Practically ALL of Sally Hansen's HD polishes are layering polish.

It really doesn't come alive unless you have an opaque base. Depending on the type of base polish, you'll only need 1 coat of that polish and 2 of Sally Hansen HD polishes. So she's the inspiration for this manicure I have this week, which is literally a STUNNER! I don't want her giving up hope and others like her either on this polish because it has so much potential.
I don't know what it is about the HD polish, but they're in a world of their own. They kind of light themselves from within the nail. You'll see what I mean.

I layered Sally Hansen HD Laser over Rimmel Lasting Finish PRO Midnight Blue.
I didn't want to use black because I really wanted to get as close to the bottle color as possible so I chose an opaque color that was closest to the colors in Laser.
The photos, as usual don't really do this polish any justice. IT IS GORGEOUS in person! I am still wearing it and it's already day 3.


This is next to my desk lamp. I mean seriously? LOOK at those colors!


As always I will post WAY more photos than I need. I was trying to get the colors on camera. It's a color you cannot stop staring at.


The problem with these indoor photos is that I couldn't capture the beautiful purple in the shimmer. It literally confused my camera and turned it blue, every single time. I wish I could get my photo taking skills in order.


My slightly failed closeups LOL I think my background was WAY to dark. You can see a *hint* of the purple I've been talking about on my nail on the left.


And another.. I can't believe I can't cut down these photos to like 3 max.

My hand upon my hip. I know, totally pointless photo. I am after all the Nail Narcissist LOL *snortwheezegasp* I'm JK.


This ends the indoor photos. I think this photo BEST represents the colors indoors. This is without flash.


Outdoor photo of the bottle. Can you all see the purple in there? Unfortunately this was day 2 and it was a rainy day! No sun to show the sparkles


Day 3 was more successful with sunlight to show better photos of this color.





This was used strictly for the bottle. Those colors exist on the nail that are in the bottle!! You can just barely see them in the photos of course.


My favorite photo!



Thanks for reading!





Song Currently Playing On This Post:
Will.I.Am - Big And Chunky

1 comment:

MamaSparkles said...

This looks amazing! I'm going to give it another go, don't you worry. :)