Thursday, June 23, 2011

Galaxy Sin.. A Gradient.

I surely did call this mani "Galaxy Sin" LOL
Well, mainly because I'm Sin, and my nails have that starry night gradient which is surprisingly easy to do. I cannot post photos of the actually process because I never intended on doing tutorials but I got so many compliments and requests to do a tutorial, that I must oblige when I do this mani again. (which will be VERY SOON because this design had me staring at my nails all the time!

Quite obviously a gradient is when a darker color fades into a lighter one, and vice versa.
I wanted to go with a purple galaxy and the idea was AMAZING in my mind. However, I've been so determined on collecting polishes, I neglected the fact that I barely have any cremes -__- (you don't NEED cremes but how odd would it look to go from a creme to a shimmer? I guess the way I'm explaining it doesn't sound entirely too bad, but trust me I think you guys understand a little. If not, show me I'm wrong! I'd love to see photos of some awesome gradient manicures ).

I used quite a few colors and before you think it weighed the nail down, it totally didn't!
I should list everything but I assume a photo would be best to go with it LOL
All photos are linkable to enlarge it. By all means, enlarge the photos for details.
Left to Right:
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Delphinium
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in No Hard Feelings
FingerPaints' Hue Rang?
Orly's in Charged Up
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out
and a Cosmetic wedge, yes, a cosmetic wedge.


I painted my nails with the lightest color first; Delphinium.
I then cut the wedge to apply my polish, and brush the polish straight onto the wedge. Starting from the tips of my nails, I patted on No Hard Feelings (not all the way to the end of my nail of course, You have to be able to see the lighter color.)
The harder you press, the darker the color, so press lightly.
I then followed the same methods I used with No Hard Feelings using Hue Rang? and Charged up.
And the tips I used Black Out and you gotta be careful with the black, you don't want to put too much so just pat it onto a paper towel after you brush it on your wedge, THEN pat it onto your tips.

Go over the darkers with a little of the lighters and blend it in by patting only of course.

I didn't take a photo but I forgot the glitter I used for my tips to mimic a shimmery galaxy was Sinful Colors - I Miss You, a very pretty magenta/purple chunky glitter. I'll add the photos of the other polishes I missed later, I promise.

After all the colors have been patted on I applied Out The Door's Northern Lights (a clear top coat with very, very, very fine holographic glitter, it's lovely and reminds me of stars!) You can find it at Sally's for around $5. Lastly, Seche Vite, because I COULD NOT sit and wait for it to dry. Which it actually dried a lotttttt faster than I thought!! I was literally out the door within 10 minutes. Granted they weren't fully dry but they weren't dentable.
On to the picture hoaring! **WARNING** tons of photos of both my left and right hand. I couldn't decide which to use. Which is usually always the case with me.















I saved the super duper close up for last.. I mean seriously.. THIS is a closeup, click on it, I dare you LOL




Song Currently Playing On This Post:
Backstreet Boys - All I Have To Give

6 comments:

MamaSparkles said...

I *love* this! Seriously stunning! Thanks for telling us how to do it, too. Very clear and detailed.

Roxy said...

Thank you babe! I promise to do pictures next time !! I really wasn't intent on making a tutorial but I might as well do that (can't waaaaiiiittt to do it in black!.) I'm just glad I am at the tutorial stage LOL fun fun fun

The Preppy Student said...

WOW! Thats is one awesome manicure :)

sw.musicaddict said...

so pretty!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous nails! Love your blog! Hey would you check out mine? If you follow I would be happy to return the favor! beautybarbie16.blogspot.com
thanks so much!

Anutka said...

Gradient turned out great! I like this look :)