Saturday, June 4, 2011

M.I.A. & A New Manicure

I got caught up in a little trouble a few days ago, been a bit down since, so I'm sorry for not doing any posting the past few days.
Good news is, I'm back and with a new manicure!

I'm currently under treatment using OPI's Nail Envy. Never tried it before, kind of excited to see what it's about. Your first initial use, you use two coats as a base, then everyday for a week you use one coat. After 1 week, you remove it and start all over again until your nails are at their maximum strength, then you switch to Nail Envy Maintain. As you all know, I'm taking biotin vitamins. I'm on this quest towards stronger, healthier nails. I hope it works, because my nails have ALL types of problems; peeling, paper thin, discoloration.. UGH! It's so aggravating. I'm used to breakage every day. But lately since I've been more careful, I have yet to break my nails (Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.)



There's some slight discoloration on my nails, thanks to Sinful Colors polish, I keep forgetting the name and I have that bottle BURIED somewhere.


This particular design, I wasn't too thrilled with. Being inexperienced and shaky handed (is that even a term? LOL) it was a PITA (pain in the a**) PLUS I used Sinful Colors new Neons that didn't thrill me much. They're very sheer and quite streaky. The green pissed me off the most! Yellow would be close second since it is EXTREMELY streaky. I don't know, I'm really thinking of purchasing a new set of neon colors. Maybe I will hunt down China Glaze's Poolside collection and call it a day.


Starting with THESE neons, they need a white base indefinitely or else you will need about 18 coats to get the color that is in the bottle (no joke, and NOT fun!)
I used Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Whirlwind White. Yeah, I'm messy, I figure with time I'll get it right.



Now here's the truly hard part *le sigh* candy striping..you will see ALL my horrible errors but the good part is, it gets covered anyway but I'm really hoping I can someday get this candy striping down. It's annoying and time consuming but I LOVE the way it turns out, it's so pretty. WHEN IT'S DONE RIGHT!
I was TRYING to go for a summery look using neon and crackle.. Maybe I used the wrong color crackle.


Using Sinful Colors Neons in Neon Melon, Summer Peach, Irish Green & Pink (yes, pink it's called)

And all the nails about an hour to 2 hours later. I take a long time because I get easily distracted.



The green is not so "blue" it's a very vibrant green. But takes about 3 coats WITH a white base to see that vibrancy



Candy stripes covered in Sally Hansen's Crackle Overcoat in Snow Blast.


At this point I had to switch from my camera to my phone because my memory stick was full!


Song currently playing on this post: M.I.A. - Sunshowers

2 comments:

sw.musicaddict said...

I love this look!

Unknown said...

Came out great!! I will try it out, but my hands are so shaky!!

-Cherrie <3

http://www.cherrieamore.com