Saturday, June 18, 2011

Get Over Here!!!!

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!

I have finally gotten into the groove of updating this blog and I am finally giving you all what I promised. Scorpion inspired Mortal Kombat mani. Now I was torn on how I would actually DO this. I used this render art as inspiration:




See the lines on his costume? I couldn't decide between that as inspiration or the scorpion's tail (not the tail.. but the tip that strikes.. I don't know what it's called off the top of my head and don't really feel like using Google to find out LOL)

The polish I used for the designs are:

Sinful Colors Secret Admirer
Milani 3D Holographic in 3D
L.A. Colors Art Deco in Gold Glitter

I then used tape to do the design. I free handed the gold glitter and it friggin shows! LOL


The Sinful Colors Black has muted silver sparkles in it to give it a textured look. I didn't want to use plain black because I noticed that Scorpion's outfit is like a charcoal color. I don't have charcoal (yet!) so I went with this. I think it was a good choice!


I went with this style to reflect the scorpion tail. It's called a Chevron tip. I couldn't decide which photos to use so I decided to use them all LOL I'm getting a tiny bit better at applying my polish!


Here's where things get funky! This is my right hand. I was inspired by the lines on Scorpion's vest. I alternated where the colors are in this, to give a funky look to it. My boyfriend liked the mani, of course, I'm a tougher critic and thought that I could have done way better.


Just a different lighting. No flash. Not fantastic but I think it looks alright.


And there you have it. My Mortal Kombat inspired mani. I'm thinking of doing the same with Kitana ! What do you think? hehe

Could you imagine? frosty blue/silver with black corset lacing? INSPIRATIONS!

Thanks for reading everyone! Next post I will do, Guest nails of the day! I'm going to start featuring my beautiful friends and their nails on my blog! Stay tuned.

XOXO


Song Currently Playing On This Post:
Stone Temple Pilots - Creep

No comments: